Need help making medical treatment decisions? What is the best path of care? What are your best options for your healthcare needs?
Hospice of Santa Barbara's Care Management team can walk with you through the decision making process when you have a life-threatening diagnosis or terminal illness.
HSB's Care Management program is staffed by licensed and experienced social workers who assess a client/family's needs to determine which HSB services will be beneficial. They also advocate for the family and provide information and referral to community services that ensure the best quality of life for the client/family.
Hospice of Santa Barbara's licensed staff and trained volunteers provide emotional, social and spiritual support for those impacted by a life-threatening illness.
The HSB Care Manager may offer the patient and family:
- Access to the programs and services that are available at HSB
- Coordination of care and planning for short- and long-term needs
- Individual and family counseling and referrals to support groups
- Access to trained and supervised volunteers
- Patient Care
- Pet Therapy
- Life Reminiscence
- Spiritual Companions
- Compassionate Care
- Complementary Therapy
- In-home evaluations and support
- Crisis intervention
- Advanced care planning
- Community resource information and referral
- Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care
- Medical consults
- Legal issues
- Advocacy and empowerment
- Funeral arrangements
- Adjustment to illness
- Assistance in navigating medical services and coverage
- Assistance with entitlements and benefits